20110414

Today's Reading

I read a bunch of stuff everyday. Today's links were all from this post by Holly Would If She Could.

Why Grains Are Unhealthy from Mark's Daily Apple.
A tongue in cheek look at why humans shouldn't be scarfing grains.


What is the Paleo Diet? by Fit Bomb
While it sounds like an article about... the Paleo Diet, haha, it is, it's also smack full of information that the average Joe or Joette needs to get straight in their head. Stuff like, do I need to count calories? Does fat make me fat? If not, why not? And, what happens to the macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) I eat?
If you think all calories are created equal or that the carbs you're loading up on at each meal aren't affecting your health, you should read this.
Actually, everyone should read this, it's well written, entertaining, and OH NO! You might learn something ;-p
If you aren't into the paleo aspect of it, start with Part 2: Carbohydrates and the Science of Body Fat


The Grain Manifesto by Whole Nine
Hmmm... I'm sensing a theme.
Another take on why we humans shouldn't be eating the grains.
I guess I've had a few people asking me recently if I will eat grains in the future. It's on my mind. Answer? I don't know. I'm far from healed so we'll have to see. If I do, the quantity compared to my former carb snarfer life will be greatly reduced and definitely prepared a la Nourishing Traditions/Weston Price Foundation style.

No comments:

Post a Comment