20100909

Classic Drop Biscuits

These are from Elana Amsterdam's book The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, page 20. Her site, Elana's Pantry, is great. Lots of really good GAPS friendly recipes.

The recipe isn't up on her website so you'll have to get a hold of her book to check it out. I borrowed it from the library and will probably buy it now.

I made a few changes. I subbed honey for the agave nectar and coconut oil for the grapeseed oil.

The recipe also calls for baking soda, which isn't GAPS legal. I used it because her recipe also calls for lemon juice, which is an acid and will neutralize the alkaline properties of the baking soda. It makes sense in my head.

Anyhoo, The Fiancé and I both loved them. They taste like a cross between a muffin and toasted almonds. In other words, yum. They went really well with the stew we had for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment