20100909

Full-Gaps Day 63 (Pre-Intro)

Breakfast:
-leftover Spicy Meatloaf, with homemade ketchup and mustard  
-coffee, with honey

Lunch:
-Bison hotdog (GAPS legal), with sweet onion, ketchup, mayo, yellow mustard, and sauerkraut

Snacks:
-raw yogurt
-fresh prune plum & nectarine

Dinner:
-Beef Stew with Root Veggies
-Classic Drop Biscuits

Supplements:
-1 tsp Magnesium Citrate (Natural Calm) in the morning

Dairy:
Week 5 of dairy reintroduction: pasteurized butter  
Both of us are doing well with all of the dairy we've reintroduced so far.

Energy Level:
OK.

Mood:
Good.

Brain Power:
Good.

Back pain:
Low back was a bit stiff today. Had a weird dream that The Fiancé rolled over onto me while we were sleeping and I was yelling at him to wake up because he was crushing my back and then I woke up (for real) and was sleeping all contorted and now my back hurts. Hee hee.
A little between the shoulder blades pain this afternoon while preparing the stew.

Foot pain:
Mild in both feet.

Knee Pain:
None.

Heartburn:
None.

Day of cycle:
29

Last nights sleep:
Good. Didn't have a big pee-fest like the other night. Had the weird dream I mentioned above just before I woke up this morning.

Comments:
Feeling much better today. Got more done around the house, that's my yardstick. I wonder if this tired (low) phase I've been dealing with is a recurrence of my old fatigue pattern reasserting itself or truly just a crash caused by all my anxiety over attending and shooting that wedding a week and a bit ago.

Before I started taking supplements for Adrenal Fatigue, a year before GAPS, I had a repetitive cycle of fatigue where I would feel my worst the 2 weeks before my period, every freakin' month.

After I was on supplements (and I was on a lot of them, to the tune of $300 a month) my fatigue time shifted. I would feel good up until my period and then on day two I would go into my "low time". It's stayed that way up until this month. 

One of the first things I noticed about GAPS was that I didn't get a harshly defined "low time" (that 2 week stretch), I was consistently low, but not as bad as my actual "low times" of old.

So, I guess I have another wait-and-see on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment