20100710

Mayo

I use a stick blender to make mine. I make it the jar I'm going to store it in. Easy-smeasy.

2-3 egg yolks, from the farm fresh eggs of pastured chickens
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp honey
3/4 cup Mary's Oil Blend, see note below

Place the above ingredients into a 500ml jar in the order above. Without turning it on, insert the stick blender to the base of the jar. Turn it on and slowly lift it up through the contents of the jar. If it isn't completely blended, repeat until it is.

Note: You can see the recipe on the Weston Price Foundation website at the link above. (Scroll to the bottom of the page.) Mary's Oil Blend is equal parts expeller pressed sesame seed oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. I use it for all of my salad dressings and to make mayo. I don't use virgin coconut oil for this recipe due to it's strong coconut taste.
Also, make sure you don't use the Asian condiment type sesame oil. I use Spectrum's Organic Unrefined Expeller Pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment