20100813

Full-Gaps Day 36 (Pre-Intro)

Breakfast:
-coffee with honey
-fresh peach

Lunch:
-Scrambled eggs with onion cooked with ghee and coconut oil

Snacks:
-experimental cookie
-crispy walnuts, pecans, and hazelnuts

Dinner:
-Salad with romaine, kalamata olives, ground chicken, Salsa, and Guacamole
-Coconutty Treat for dessert

Supplements:
-1 tsp Magnesium Citrate (Natural Calm) in the morning

Dairy:
Week 1 of dairy re-introduction: Ghee
-We had eggs cooked in ghee for lunch and neither The Fiancé or I had any reaction. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he got sleepy after dinner two nights in a row... further testing required :-)

Energy Level:
OK.

Mood:
Good.

Brain Power:
Good-ish.

Back pain:
No low back pain this morning.
A bit of between the shoulder blades pain this evening.

Foot pain:
Mild pain in both feet through the day.

Knee Pain:
Very mild pain in left knee when climbing stairs or sitting.

Heartburn:
None

Day of cycle:
2 (.)
Cramps are history :-)

Last nights sleep:
Ok, but I woke up at 5am and had trouble falling asleep again. That's what I get for looking at the clock. It was dark so I thought it was more like 3am and when I realized what time it really was all I could think was, "Arg... only 2 more hours of sleep!" Duh. When will I learn? Well, I showed that alarm clock. When it went off I turned it off and fell asleep for another 2 hours.

Comments:
I've definitely noticed a difference in my moods. I've just started my period, so the last two weeks normally would have been spent being a tad shriek-y. The treatment I was doing for my Adrenal Fatigue prior to GAPS really helped nip that in the butt. GAPS has made a further difference in balancing those old hormones. I was almost non-reactive. Maybe a bit sensitive, but not fly-off-the-handle-angry over any silly little thing. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment