20100826

Full-Gaps Day 49 (Pre-Intro)

Breakfast:
-coffee, with honey
-Leftover Thai-ish Coleslaw with Crispy Walnuts

Lunch:
-Leftover Lemon Roast Chicken (specialty chicken) from Choices
-Leftover Thai-ish Coleslaw

Snacks:
-none

Dinner:
-Spicy Meatloaf
-Leftover Thai-ish Coleslaw 
-Steamed green beans with raw butter and meatloaf "juice" (yes, I siphoned off all the fatty goodness and spices that cooked out of the meatloaf and poured some on the beans)
-beef broth

Supplements:
-1 tsp Magnesium Citrate (Natural Calm) in the morning

Dairy:
Week 3 of dairy re-introduction: raw butter
No reaction for either of us that I can tell.

Energy Level:
Very low.

Mood:
Not great.

Brain Power:
Fuzzy.

Back pain:
Whole body aches and stiff neck from not sleeping. I feel like I have the flu.

Foot pain:
Very mild pain in both feet through the day.

Knee Pain:
A bit of pain in left knee when sitting or climbing stairs.

Heartburn:
None

Day of cycle:
15

Last nights sleep:
Horrid. Last night was nite 3 of no sleep. I was awake until 6:20am and then must have fallen asleep because I woke up just after 7am and remembered a dream.

Comments:
While lying in bed last night I realized that the not sleeping thing is anxiety. I'm going to a wedding this weekend. Not only attending, but shooting it. Not sure if I've mentioned I'm a photographer... yah, the blog with no pictures is written by a photographer. Ha ha on me.

I stopped doing weddings last year due to the stress I would feel when a job was approaching. I never realized it was anxiety at that point. I didn't know what the heck was wrong with me. I focused on portraiture and told myself I didn't like shooting weddings, they were too much work, blah blah blah. Except that when I first started out doing weddings I loved them. I loved the fast pace and the thrill you get from the pressure to not screw up. I loved meeting people and especially enjoyed bossing them around ;-p

The wedding I'm shooting this weekend is for a family member and I agreed to do it as a wedding gift. I had no idea that I was going to react this way. I will survive, but I expect to be wiped out for at least a week or two after it. My adrenals are freaking out. 

I think my anxiety is amped up due to being on GAPS as well. The dream I had this morning was about carrying our cooler into the wedding reception with all of our GAPS legal food in it. OK, when I woke up even I thought that was funny... and kind of a good idea.

I know I'll get it done and I'll do a good job, but my adrenals are going to be taxed. I plan to drink copious amounts of wine at the reception to help them rebuild. (yes, I'm joking... not about the wine though)

No comments:

Post a Comment