20100730

Tuna Salad

There are loads of ways to make tuna salad, this is how I do it. I love having leftovers so I always make enough to have the next day too.

4 - 170g tins, chunk light tuna (Skipjack), sustainably caught and dolphin friendly
1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 - 2/3 cup mayo
1 tsp GAPS legal dijon mustard
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Drain the tuna. You don't have to squish every last drop of mositure out of it, a little juice won't kill you. I use the kind packaged in water because I can't find any packaged with decent oils. Put the tuna into a medium sized mixing bowl. Break the chunks up with a fork. Give a few chunks to the cat that is wailing at your feet.

Add the rest of the ingredients, starting with 1/3 cup mayo. Mix it up. Add more mayo if it isn't goopy enough for you.

Serve with veggie sticks to dip or wrapped in lettuce leaves or on coconut flour pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment