20100708

What is GAPS

I keep talking about GAPS, but haven't gone into what it is exactly. GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology Syndrome. What the what? It establishes a connection between the health of our digestive system, what we take into our bodies, and the resulting diseases/disorders we end up with.

Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride's book Gut and Psychology Syndrome is a good place to start learning. I've included more resources under the page titled GAPS.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that most people do not make the connection between what they eat and how they feel. Emphasis is put on how much they eat. So yo-average-Joe believes fast food can be part of a healthy lifestyle, as long as you watch your calories. Not true, but I once thought that way too.

Several years ago a friend introduced me to a book called Nourishing Traditions. It was my life preserver. I had already started making changes in my life, but they weren't having the results I wanted. You can read my About page for more info on that. Nourishing Traditions opened my eyes to all the kaka out there about health and nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment